Computational biology PhD researcher. Interested in science, software development, and machine learning. I write about medical research at BioSky.co and contribute content to a variety of additional publications.CVAbout
BioSky is a website I’ve been setting up with Rina Soetanto recently. We are both doing PhDs in the biological sciences and have a keen interest in research and the treatments being developed in the biotech and health industry.
So far we’ve written introductory articles about a couple of broad topics, including:
- What is epigenetics?
- An introduction to personalised medicine
- Trapping viruses with red blood cells
- What is the human microbiome?
The idea of the project is to write about new developments and treatments in healthcare in an accessible way. If you’d like to see how the project progresses, feel free to add it to your RSS feed or sign up for the newsletter.
Latest posts by Jack Simpson (see all)
- Fruit flies, honeybees, and alcohol - October 18, 2017
- I’m going to Silicon Valley! - October 15, 2017
- Sometimes working in the biology department is pretty neat - October 10, 2017