I have a talk today about how I’ve been using the iPython Notebook when prototyping different image processing techniques and their parameters. The presentation involved a bit of background on how to use the notebook and markdown, before I demonstrated how you could use the notebook to rapidly test out the best way to process the images I’ve been working on. In this case the images were taken from infrared footage of bees, and I wanted to separate the tags out from the background. I found simple thresholding worked well at first while the tags were very reflective, but once they became a bit more dull, that ceased to work effectively.
You can find the notebook I used for my talk here, GitHub renders the notebooks in the browser. I have cleared all the output images the file generated because the file was getting a bit large to view online.