Computational biology PhD researcher. Interested in science, software development, and machine learning. I write about medical research at BioSky.co and contribute content to a variety of additional publications.CVAbout
Here’s a list of some of the websites, books and videos (for both Python and C++), that I have found very useful while learning OpenCV.
- Using OpenCV with Python and ROS (Video) – Great introduction to computer vision and OpenCV.
- PyImageSearch – Website has a lot of great tutorials on many different applications of OpenCV.
- OpenCV-Python Tutorials (Website) – Official Python documentation and tutorials.
- OpenCV-Python Tutorials (Website) – Comprehensive set of tutorials.
- OpenCV Python (Website) – The original Python tutorials I started with, most of these have been ported to the website above.
- OpenCV 3 With Python (Website) – Great list of Python tutorials.
- Tentative NumPy Tutorial (Website) – As OpenCV reads images into NumPy arrays, its useful to have an understanding of this library.
- Python – Getting started with OpenCV (Website) – Introduction to using Python with OpenCV.
- Programming Computer Vision with Python (Book) – How to use Python to build computer vision programs.
- OpenCV Computer Vision with Python (Book) – Short book on getting started with OpenCV and Python.
- Building an image processing pipeline with Python (Video) – Talk about how Python and OpenCV are used in industry.
- Learn OpenCV By Examples (Website) – This website has many excellent tutorials and code examples.
- OpenCV Tutorials (Website) – The official OpenCV C++ tutorials.
- Qt and openCV (Website) – This blog has a lot of great posts covering machine learning in OpenCV.
- OpenCV Documentation (Website) – Official documentation of the OpenCV library.
- Learning OpenCV (Book) – Really good book if you’re just getting started with computer vision and OpenCV.
- Practical OpenCV (Book) – Another great resource for getting started with OpenCV.
- Mastering OpenCV with Practical Computer Vision Projects (Book) – Useful once you’ve got a handle on the basics and start trying to build something a bit more advanced.
- OpenCV 2 Computer Vision Application Programming Cookbook (Book) – Similar to Mastering OpenCV – great book once you’ve got a reasonable understanding of OpenCV.
- CV Reference Manual (Website) – Good reference for a lot of OpenCV functions.
The following two tabs change content below.
Computational biology PhD candidate at the Australian National University. I love writing (both articles and software), learning more about the world around us, and beekeeping. I also write for BioSky.co
Latest posts by Jack Simpson (see all)
- Fruit flies, honeybees, and alcohol - October 18, 2017
- I’m going to Silicon Valley! - October 15, 2017
- Sometimes working in the biology department is pretty neat - October 10, 2017