Computational biology PhD researcher. Interested in science, software development, and machine learning. I write about medical research at BioSky.co and contribute content to a variety of additional publications.CVAbout
Work has kept me pretty busy lately but I’ve been meaning to try put together another post with some of the interesting readings I’ve come across. The first thing I’ll mention is that the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) have released their rankings for programming language popularity. Python (ranked #4) and R (ranked #6) have continued to increase in popularity while Java remains at the top which is to be expected given how popular it is in industry. Below are some of the other articles I’ve found:
- This R Data Import Tutorial Is Everything You Need
- A Tutorial on Loops in R – Usage and Alternatives
- R tutorial on the Apply family of functions
- How We Deploy Python Code
- Want to understand Python’s comprehensions? Think in Excel or SQL.